Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Processors running a 100% in game

JGiam1
Beginner

Hey, i notice my processors was running a 100% very often when i'm playing, i mean in BR like (warzone/fortnite/apex) it's practically all along when i start my game, in League of legend, it's more varied. 

The real problem is that the game in the foreground takes all the resources of the processors, and that there is nothing left for Discord which runs in the background.

Processeur   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

What is the size of RAM you have installed?

Leon

0 Kudos
JGiam1
Beginner

16 Go, I rarely use above 10-11 Go

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. 16GB RAM should be enough. More information about your system is needed.
  2. Pleas download Intel System Support Utility (SSU).
  3. Run the SSU scan. Save the results and the .txt file with the results, attach to your post (use "paperclip").

Leon

0 Kudos
JGiam1
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Your are using old Windows version (1809). However, I'm not sure that this is causing your problem. Try to run Windows Update (Update & Security).
  2. This is the Download Page for your laptop. Disconnect the external devices (if any are connected). Use HP Diagnostic Tool to check your hardware. Use HP Support Assistant to automatically download and update drivers and Bios (the latest bios is version F.20 and you have the previous version installed).

Hope this will help

Leon

0 Kudos
JGiam1
Beginner

"Use HP Support Assistant to automatically download and update drivers and Bios (the latest bios is version F.20 and you have the previous version installed)."

Done. but still 100% often when i play... My Processeur   'Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2' should be a good one no?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Use the HP Diagnostics utilities to check your laptop hardware and software (you may download those utilities from the HP Site)
  2. Download and install the DisplayLink Graphic Driver
  3. You have installed the latest NVIDIA Graphics Driver, downloaded from NVIDIA site. Could be that this driver is not suitable for your laptop. I suggest that you should uninstall this driver and install the latest NVIDIA driver released for your laptop.
  4. If the above steps will not help try to repair your Windows with an In-Place Upgrade. Start in step 6. Performing this procedure, you will have fresh Windows installation, without need to reinstall any driver, software or data.

Leon

0 Kudos