Processors

WarriorPrincess
Beginner
How to unlock processors?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?  Provide full model number.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
WarriorPrincess
Beginner

Intel Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz                                                                 Processor speed 3100 MHz                                                                                                                                                                                                                    If this is not the information needed, please inform me on how to find model number. Thank You!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have a locked processor.  It cannot be unlocked.  For unlocked processors, you need an X or K processor.

0 Kudos
WarriorPrincess
Beginner

Thank You. What is a good processor for replacement? What are the steps for replacement? I have an Laptop HP 15-cc0xx updated to 6O5FUJF1. Again Thank You.

0 Kudos
WarriorPrincess
Beginner

I believe the manufacture of the processor i have now is Toshiba MQ01ABD100.

0 Kudos
WarriorPrincess
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

0 Kudos