14404 Discussions

Q?? 1650 V3 2011 CPU NOT READING ALL MY RAM

bspen4
Beginner

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Provide us the model and manufacturer of your board so we can direct you to the proper place.

Doc

0 Kudos
bspen4
Beginner
HI m8 i have a asus x99e m/b my old cpu was a e5 2603 v3 my ram is two Kingston 16gb all qvl which it reads all ok np. I upgraded to a e 1650 v3 and now it wil only read one stick in the bios I tried everything possible and have gone back to my old cpu to use the two rams no bent pins because the 2603 is ok I tried latest bios update ,went back to original bios nothing worked,I ran intel diags all pass only reads one stick, I cannot see any difference in the stats of the 1650 unless its in the micro code ,any way thanks for the reply Cheers brian Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is a question you need to ask ASUS. Ask them if your 1650 v3 is supported by their boards BIOS.

Doc

0 Kudos
bspen4
Beginner
Hi m8 yes its supported I always do my homework with ram and cpu it looks like the 1650 cpu is defective going to try some corsair sticks next week to see if that makes any diff thanks for repyling Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would seriously consider a motherboard/bios, or memory incompatibility problem, rather than thinking you have found a problem in a processor. from six years ago.

Did you purchase the processor new, or used? Does it have ES on the processor lid?

Doc

0 Kudos
bspen4
Beginner
Hi m8 Yes it was a refurbished cpu from infotech one of intels biggest refurber son amazon my old xeon 2603 and the xeon 1650 are both NOT engineering samples Will know more next week cheers brian Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

just curious - how does one refurbish a processor, besides wiping the thermal paste off? To me, "refurbished" in this context is a [decieving] sales tactic. You may want to keep your receipt and prepare to send it back.

Doc

0 Kudos
bspen4
Beginner
Hi yeah I know hahaha i take it with a pinch of salt it ,the cpu works terrific only I got three more sticks of ram just sitting there doing nothing Cheers brian Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It sounds to me like this processor has a dead memory channel. I would return it.

...S

0 Kudos
bspen4
Beginner
Hi scott yes its my conclusion too my old 2603 i tried back in works perfect but will try corsair ram instead of Kingston next week Cheers ty for replying brian Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No problem. Sorry we couldn't come to a more satisfactory conclusion.

...S

0 Kudos