Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Qual processador escolher: ou i5580M ou i7-620M ou i7-640M??

NLoia
Beginner

Olá!

Eu possuo um notebook HP G42-230BR; Produto: XD019LA, que veio com um processador i3-350M (socket rPGA-988 [G1]) e eu pretendo fazer um upgrade neste processador.

Usando o manual de serviço do notebook (link no final) eu identifiquei que o fabricante prevê que o mais potente processador que eu posso usar nele seria um i5-580M, com o mesmo socket.

Entretanto, pesquisando no site da Intel, eu identifiquei dois outros processadores que usam este mesmo soquete e estão dentro do mesmo TDP que o original do meu notebook: 35 watts.

São eles o i7-620M e o i7-640M.

O comparativo entre os quatro processadores eu coloco aqui:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=43529,49652,43560,49666

E pergunto: Posso instalar um dos dois i7 no meu notebook? (eu prefiro o o i7-640M).

Sabem me dizer se precisarei de mais alguma atualização? (tipo BIOS).

Será que todas as funcionalidades do i7-640M e do meu notebook funcionarão corretamente?

Fiquem à vontade para me perguntarem o que for necessário.

PS: Farei upgrade também de memória RAM, até o limite de 8GB e de disco (HDD) pois colocarei um SSD de 256 GB.

Desde já muito obrigado.

MANUAL DO NOTEBOOK:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02623161

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must ask HP your questions. Only HP can tell you what processors are compatible with THEIR bios. And, only HP can tell you if you need to update THEIR bios.

Personally, I do not see the point in upgrading a 1st gen processor to another 1st gen processor. Your notebook is old enough to be put in the recycle bin.

DOc

0 Kudos
NLoia
Beginner

Let's Go:

OK, forget about BIOS check. HP was already asked about this .... waiting their answer....

So, focusing in the hardware I also believe that there's no great issues in put the i7-640M in the place of the original i3, right? (both are inside the same 35 W of TDP)

Regarding the age of the machine..... LOL !!!! It is in use and in good shape (internet and Office is scope of work)...... the upgrade is to extend its lifecycle.

Think in terms of numbers: why to spend US$ 500,00 .... if I can continue to use the same machine with US$ 100,00 ?!?! (I will not blow my money)

THX!

Best regards.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

How many cell phone upgrades have you done in the past ten years. and at what cost?

Whatever the case, all of your questions have to be answered by HP. And, none of these processors and graphics are supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
NLoia
Beginner

Five cell phones exchanged in the last ten years.... two due to case crash and three regarding software..... 100 bucks each........... expected obsolescence is a mess...... LOL !!!

OK. I'll take your alerts into consideration.

Thank you for the time and attention.

BR.

0 Kudos