Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Quantum processors.

lEdge
New Contributor I
Got this weird question in the intermission. Just wanted to take my mind off bugs.
Does anything make any complete quantum headroom for the future. I done some reading for quantum and ternary computer technology. I wondered more how they design the disk space for that. One thing clear it's just because I am recovering some right now. But, doesn't the research stop there. Since somebody mentioned 8-bit structure for data. And this doesn't convert to logical after that. I have some experience with that and just like all data it only works with 512 bit data after that. And isn't it what was the obstacle in the pass. Just the lack. Of technology. Just the lack of small technology.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello lEdge,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to help you further with your inquiry, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Are you asking/interested in unreleased products?

2. Are you asking if there are any products based on Quantum CPUs?

3. Can you provide more details about your inquiry?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

I'm just going to stop you at 2. 2. Are you asking if there are any products based on Quantum CPUs? And I'm sorry there is just something wrong with this forum that the webmaster should know about. Because, my android autosuggestion typing just gives me a bunch of junk instead of making this easy.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello lEdge, 

I am sorry if a caused any kind of misunderstanding, the previous questioned were for us to identify and/or collect more details in order to provide you an appropriate response or information.

I would really appreciate it if you can give me more details or mention what exactly you would like to know, this will help me to address correctly your question.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

Well first of all. There's nothing to apologize for. The problem is with the forum and the android compatibility. Every time I click on the suggested word it comes of double typed and misspelled sometimes with the starting letter. It got nothing to do with the answer/question.

The reason I asked about the computers is because I'm trying to figure out computer expansions. I don't really see any reason to try Intel products that you have available now. I checked all the hardware sheets you got that's all. I have questions in the forum about the movidius products that I was reading about last. Now I realize the Edge platform is just not what I though it was going to be.

I just wanted to see and ask if you Intel will be making anything new that's all. All the things they make now suck! There's just so many computers available and intel is by far not the ideal manufacturer. I honestly got disappointed with commercials with devices just two years old that are no longer available. For example the Galileo. Which is still expensive in my opinion. I kind of remember it matched the price if not higher for an ideal Motherboard at the time.

And then there is this; https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/research/quantum-computing.html  

Which is two years old again and going nowhere. Not to mention the design is like a lightbulb. Not very realistic. Not to mention I alreay talked about quantum computers wit IBM. What's your take?

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

And I mean trust me. I know how it works. Here's an example of what that quantum computer changed. Instead of binary it just added a constant flow of current in the same transistor. Is that a benefit?quantum.jpg

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello lEdge, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello lEdge, 

Thanks for all the information provided so far.

I would like to let you know that for any release of information about our new product or technologies, we have a "newsroom, there you will be able to find all our official information.

You can access using the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/home.html

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

I know. I do check that quite often. First of all the Intel's board of directors declares a quarterly dividend on the company’s common stock for stockholders of record on Nov. 7, 2021. 

And most recently the tour of the test facility, ATTD. I liked that one because it's a video. But, most notably just have to get used to the fact new products come around so often. Thatnks for the support too. It's just very difficult to get used to the Intel.com website with the most recent changes for example. Something effecting my recent pursuit for a new laptop. I can't find a lot of the product information pages for the Core processors. The reason I used intel.com in the first place is because some one suggested that my goal computer is limited to the manufacturer specification not the intel package. Because I have the HP-DW0083WN which comes with the N5000 Pentium. It has a 6watt tdp so it's fanless and I'm so used to the silence and lets just say the resilience of the fan free computer. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/128990/intel-pentium-silver-n5000-processor-4m-cache-up-to-2-70-ghz/specifications.html 

I'll include the link as an example. Because I can't find this page navigating intel.com anymore for some reason there is a gap. Where searching for the product page I get stuck at product brief. And most of the time I have to use a search engine for finding info. Whatever. But, like I said to the other tech. I really need just fanless designs. And that for the upgrade worthy computer, right now. Is expensive.

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

Well that's not everything. Since intel will be making dedicated video cards it's also possible to consider an external video dock. I'm pretty sure this will qualify. I do some cad work from time to time. But all that can be found on my profile I'm pretty sure. The topic is still that remnant to the future technology and niche'!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello lEdge, 

Thanks for the update, 

I am glad to know that you check the Intel Newsroom periodically, we are continuously working on new products/technologies and we keep any updates or information on our newsroom. 

To check specifications for our products I recommend you to check ark.intel.com, If you encounter issues with this platform too it would be good if you open a new thread related to that issue.

- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/128990/intel-pentium-silver-n5000-processor-4m-cache-up-to-2-70-ghz.html

I will proceed and close this thread, however, if you need help or support do not hesitate to open a new thread in order to get appropriate support

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos