Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Query by temperature of i7-10700k

Vilo
Beginner

Hi.

I recently assembled a new rig consisting of an i7-10700K processor, Gigabyte Z490 UD motherboard, 32GB RAM (Kingstone Fury), and Sapphire RX570 GPU (8GB).

The cooler that the processor has is a MasterAir MA610P Mastercooler, which according to the manufacturer has 180 watts of heat dissipation.

The equipment works perfectly. In office tasks the temperature fluctuates between 32ºC and 40ºC, but when I test with cinebench the equipment reaches peaks of 95ºC which seems too much to me.

The cabinet has 3 fans at the front and one at the rear.

I wanted to ask you if these cinebench stress temperatures are normal for an i7-10700k or maybe the Mastercooler MasterAir MA610P is not enough to adequately cool this processor.

I still can't decide to use an AIO.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Vilo, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, it is important for you to know that the maximum temperature that your processor can reach is 100°C, it is expected that on low demanding tasks the temperature of your processor will be lower than when running high demanding tasks. You can check the specifications of your processor and the temperature information at the following link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199335/intel-core-i710700k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html

In order to discard any possible issues with the processor, please download and install our Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU). 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

Take a screenshot of the temperature during low demanding tasks such as office work. Then, please run a stress test and monitor the temperature of the processor, take a screenshot of the peak temperature the processor reaches and attach it to your response. With this information, we will be able to determine if the processor is working under normal parameters or if there is something we need to check. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Vilo
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I attach the two screenshots that you request.

In the first capture, the computer is running everyday programs, such as Libreoffice, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, WhatsApp Desktop and Photoshop.

In the second screenshot, the team is only running Cinebench.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Vilo, 

In this case, after analyzing the screenshots, we can confirm that the processor is behaving as expected and there are no signs of overheating so you don't have to worry about it having any issues. Remember that temperature and power consumption will be high in demanding tasks, the maximum frequency for your processor is 100°C, spikes all the way to that temperature are considered to be normal behavior. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Vilo, 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Vilo
Beginner

Josue, thank you very much for your reply.

What cooler (air) do you recommend for an i7-10700K?

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos