Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Question: Intel i5 8400 BIOS Turbo Boosting Option shows something called DPF3? What does that mean?

arod4201
Beginner

Hi, I have an i5 8400 intel processor with a B360M DS3H motherboard and when I go into the BIOS under Turbo Boost I see I can select something "DPF3," along with this option I also see "enabled," and "disabled." My question is what is DPF3?

If I click disabled under Turbo Boosting all 6 cores are grey, if I select enabled, all 6 cores are highlighted/activated, and if I select DPF3 all 6 cores are highlighted but I'm not sure what it means. Would anyone be willing to explain what DPF3 means? I'd really appreciate the insight.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello arod4201, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to check more details about this, can you confirm if the motherboard that you are using is the Gygabyte* B360M DS3H shown here? https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360M-DS3H-rev-10/sp#sp 

Can you confirm if that is the motherboard that you are using and the current BIOS version installed? We can check that and other details if you provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report: 

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

Also, can you share a picture of that "DPF3" feature in your BIOS along with the different options it offers around?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.*

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello arod4201,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello arod4201,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos