Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14500 Discussions

Question about Intel Diagnostic Tool

Mihail_Lazarev

I have Lenovo Yoga 500-15ISK 80R6 with processor Intel Core i7-6500U. 

Despite my observations, I never managed to detect the operation of the turbo-boosts on this processor. I wrote about this on this forum and was advised to install the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and check processor.

Processor test was not successful I will give the results on the screenshot.

Why does this happen? I have all the latest drivers installed and checked with Intel Driver and Support Tool.

Is there any way to fix it?

Intel Diagnostic.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Mihail_Lazarev

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that you have followed n_scott_pearson's advice and you have shared the details about this failing result in the original thread where you were originally advised to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

As Esteban D. explained in the original thread, we also agreed that the system may be facing a hardware problem, and since this is regarding a Mobile Processor integrated on a laptop, our best recommendation is checking this with your system manufacturer (OEM) for a hardware inspection or even warranty options of the unit.

The best channel of support at this point is through your OEM since they are the ones that handle all the technical details of the system and its design.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please attach the log file produced by IPDT.

...S

0 Kudos
Mihail_Lazarev
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, that's the one. Unfortunately, you have a number of test that are failing. That only these tests are failing is not something that I understand. You need to be talking to Intel Customer Support regarding possible causes for this. You have no warranty, so I hope that they have some idea for addressing this.

....S

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Mihail_Lazarev

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that you have followed n_scott_pearson's advice and you have shared the details about this failing result in the original thread where you were originally advised to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

As Esteban D. explained in the original thread, we also agreed that the system may be facing a hardware problem, and since this is regarding a Mobile Processor integrated on a laptop, our best recommendation is checking this with your system manufacturer (OEM) for a hardware inspection or even warranty options of the unit.

The best channel of support at this point is through your OEM since they are the ones that handle all the technical details of the system and its design.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos