Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Question about Intel Processor Trace

duypt
Beginner

I'm choosing my CPU based on a very low level feature Intel Processor Trace(intelpt). The Combined Volume Set of Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer’s Manul said that each processor can have up to 4 intelpt filtering range. The number of supported range can be checked via CPUID(eax=14h, ecx=1). I looked at the 11gen core i9 in my office but it seems only support 2 range (not sure if I check correctly). My questions are:

- Is there any processor support the maximum 4 ip filtering range ?

- How can I check the number without the having to buy the actual processor (the value is documented in some specs some where ?)

- How many range do the X-series/Xeon-W/Xeon scalelable famliy processor support ? It's best if you can give a detailed list of how many range each cpu supported.

I attached the python3 script I use to check the value in the attachment. The script is fairly short and absolutely non-malicous. All it does is execute `cpuid` instruction and print out the result. The script should work on both linux and windows. If you have any intel processor please help me run the script and feedback the value. Tks alot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello duypt,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to provide you accurate information, I will proceed to check the inquiry internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
duypt
Beginner

Thank you so much. Looking forward to your reply 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello duypt,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that based on the information that you are looking for, we have a specific forum for this kind of issue and product, which is called the Intel Developer Zone. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product. 

Here you will find the links to access the website and the community forums: 

- https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/home.html 

- https://community.intel.com/t5/Software/ct-p/software-products 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos