14536 Discussions

Question about Turbo Boost short Power Max

Ouassim
Beginner
Hello i buy a hp omen 17 my cpu intel i5-8300H. 2.30Ghz , ram 8Go
Gpu gtx 1050
when i play video games my pc make fan noise and température up to 97C
So i download intel extreme tuning
And i change Turbo Boost Power Max to 16,00 and turbo boost short power max I did not exchange it, I left it on 45,00
My question Is it also should I change boost short power max to 16,00 or i leave it 45,00 ?
And this is safe for my computer ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Ouassim

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

The Intel® Core™ i5-8300H Processor supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0. The operation is dependent on headroom available in one or more cores. The amount of time the system spends in turbo boost mode depends on workload, environment, and platform design. It's enabled by default on supported processors. You can disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS. No other user-controllable settings to change Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation are available. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control.

This processor is not one of the products that the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility support. We can't recommend any changes in the laptop, you have to check with the manufacturer first. You need to confirm which changes you can do and which temperatures/parameters are safe for the system.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos