Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Question about XTU service

MatCa
Beginner

Hi everybody, im on a Windows 10 machine, i have a 11600k and an asus motherboard.

Looking at my services running i notice that there is a XTUService (XTUOCDriverService) even though i dont have Intel Xtu open or anything like that..

i was wondering if the xtu service is used by some ai overclock feature present (Asus Prime z590-p motherboard) or is something that i can shut down without any performance downgrade.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MatCa,

Thanks for your response.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) software solution that can be used within Windows. It enables novice and experienced enthusiasts to manually overclock, monitor, and stress a system. There is no AI from the Intel® XTU software; however, you should contact ASUS support to confirm if there is any BIOS feature that is based on AI as you questioned.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MatCa,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I understand that you are looking for information about the XTUService 

As per this information, I would like to let you know once you stopped the service, the Intel® XTU will be closed in case you have it opened. However, the Intel® and XTU profiles you have created and set will still be running as expected, so there may not be any performance issues.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
MatCa
Beginner

Ok, thank you Jean.

Can you tell me if any ai overclock feature from the bios(like the asus ai overclock that comes with the z-590 p motherboard) uses xtu under the hood?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MatCa,

Thanks for your response.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) software solution that can be used within Windows. It enables novice and experienced enthusiasts to manually overclock, monitor, and stress a system. There is no AI from the Intel® XTU software; however, you should contact ASUS support to confirm if there is any BIOS feature that is based on AI as you questioned.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MatCa,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos