Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

R0 stepping 9th Gen CPUs cannot play 4K UHD BD (Self resolved)

BLee37
New Contributor I

From my test, B0/U0/P0 CPUs don't have this problem.

Only R0 CPUs have it.

The problem:

When playing 4K UHD BD Disc, Cyberlink PowerDVD 14 OEM reports 01003 error.

From Cyberlink's support webpage, 01003 means iGPU Driver error.

I tried iGPU Driver 6617, 6911, 7000, 7212, 7323. None of them worked with R0 CPU. But all of them worked with B0/U0/P0 CPU.

On Cyberlink ​Ultra-HD Blu-ray Advisor, it said Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error on R0 CPU, and no errors on B0/U0/P0 CPU.

I tried to find somebody to help me fix it in this community's Graphics board.

They finally did nothing but kicked me to Gigabyte's technical support.

Gigabyte's technical support engineers didn't know anything about 4K UHD BD playback's hardware & software process so they kicked me back to Intel and Cyberlink.

Cyberlink refused to support unless I give them my 4K UHD BD optical drive's invoice of with my real name and credit card number printed. I refused Cyberlink too because (1) I think Cyberlink's requirement of my personal data is illegal (2) It's ridiculous that an optical drive purchased by CASH can have my real name and credit card number being printed.

So I re-ask this question in Intel community again.

I have already told all English, Chinese and Japanese 4K UHD BD communities to not to buy R0 CPU for building 4K UHD BD playable PC until any workable update appears.

If finally Intel / Cyberlink cannot fix it, it will change no more things.

But if finally Intel / Cyberlink fixed it, our customers will have more CPU choices to buy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BLee37
New Contributor I

I self resolved this question by modifying motherboard BIOS's Intel ME to 12.0.47.1524.

On this ME version, R0 CPU's Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error disappeared.

​After modified BIOS's Intel ME, I should update Intel ME driver to 1933.12.0.1301 and UHD630 driver to 7372.

Otherwise either Windows 10 will crash or black screen happens on playing 4K UHD BD.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello BLee37,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding the issue described, we noticed we have spoken about this in a previous thread https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Q9LlG and also you reported previous issues with SGX Driver in this thread https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490SEfSAM/intel-sgx-driver-issue

The Intel® processors described in the threads use the same graphics controller and graphics driver package, thus, it appears the motherboards are not enabling correctly all the features available. We kindly recommend you reporting this scenario and check for a BIOS update, specifically related to SGX and processor microcode. A specific BIOS update may be needed for different stepping codes even for processors of the same model.

The software support team (Cyberlink PowerDVD) may also help you to look into this scenario and advised in case there is missing any configuration or update.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.

For motherboard, since Gigabyte engineer doesn’t know where to check because both he and I don’t know the technical detail, if Intel cannot contact them to give any instruction, I think my further contact to Gigabyte will be useless.

For Gigabyte Japan, they redirected me to Gigabyte China so nothing can help.

I haven’t re-contact EVGA engineers. Maybe I should do it later.

I may contact ASRock or ASUS engineers too but I don’t own their 115X motherboards now.

For Cyberlink, since they ask me to do unacceptable things as a deal for support, I boycott them forever.

I have already tried to ask them if the invoice which doesn’t contain my name and credit card number is acceptable. Cyberlink refused it.

I think Cyberlink will ask any other person to give them real name and credit card number as a trade deal of technical support either so no possibility to get anything from Cyberlink.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

BTW for the SGX Driver issue, it’s fixed and the working components are integrated on Windows 10 1809 and later.

No more SGX Driver installation required now.

Thanks Intel for the convenience.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

I self resolved this question by modifying motherboard BIOS's Intel ME to 12.0.47.1524.

On this ME version, R0 CPU's Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error disappeared.

​After modified BIOS's Intel ME, I should update Intel ME driver to 1933.12.0.1301 and UHD630 driver to 7372.

Otherwise either Windows 10 will crash or black screen happens on playing 4K UHD BD.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello BLee37,

I am glad to know that the Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error has disappeared and thank you for taking the time to share the steps you took to resolve this issue, Hopefully, these steps would be helpful in case other community members experience the same (or similar issue).

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos