Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

RMA Issue - Warranty Denied

JamesT
Beginner

Dear Intel Technical Support,

Please reference this thread/post on the Intel Community Forums: https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/RMA-Issue-Warranty-Denied/m-p/482944/highlight/false#M23639

I am experiencing the same issue with Intel Technical Support as the original poster of the attached thread (DShar10) was. My warranty has been denied because, and I quote, "the warranty applies from the date of manufacture, not the date of purchase." I can find nothing on Intel's website that states this, (and) in fact, it is in direct contradiction to what Intel's website states: "The Intel® Boxed Processors are sold to end users. In general, most Intel® Boxed Processors carry a three-year warranty supported by Intel. The warranty eligibility starts on the original purchase date and doesn't reset if or when Intel provides a product replacement." I spoke with a supervisor, Melanie H., Intel Customer Support Manager, Contingent Worker at Intel, and mentioned this to her. She told me that she would contact her supervisors and that they would be reaching out to me within 24-hours. So far, I have heard nothing from Melanie H.'s supervisor(s).

I would appreciate any help with this, as I am a loyal Intel customer, and this has left a bad taste in my mouth, as it seems deceitful on Intel's part to deny my warranty when it is still in warranty based on the date of purchase.

I can provide my case number/service request number via PM to any moderator who requests it.

Respectfully,

James T.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesT
Beginner

Bump.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello JamesT,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We really appreciate your patience and for taking the time to provide this feedback to us.

I would like to inform you that the feedback was provided to the team in charge of your internal case.

As we do not handle warranty cases/concerns via community forums I would stongly recommend to continue with the support under the case where you are currently getting assistance.

To avoid duplication of efforts/issues we will proceed with the closure of this thread.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos