Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14639 Discussions

Random black screen flashes on Gigabyte Brix

SKeen1
Beginner

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Gigabyte Brix GB-BXi3H-4010 barebone PC and installed 128gb SDD with win 7 and 8GB RAM.

Since the build the sceen randomly flashes black for a second or so and then goes back to normal. There seems to be no pattern to it. The screen even flashes black whilst in the bios.

I do not think it is the RAM being incorrecly seated or the HDMI cable being faulty (as I have used different types).

The issue seems to be with either the Intel HD 4400 graphics card or the i3-4010U CPU but I am only saying this due to a process of elimination. I have updated drivers to latest.

Can somebody please help?

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Sycamore7:

• Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.
  • Have you tried with a different monitor or T.V?
  • Have you tested the DP port?
  • Have you tried contacting Gigabyte Support?

Regards,

0 Kudos
SKeen1
Beginner

Hi Amy, thanks for replying.

The driver ver is: 10.18.14.4332 - I also tried the previous version.

I have tried two different TVs to no avail, and still awaiting a response from Gigabyte.

I ordered a mini DP a couple of days ago thinking along these lines but it hasn't arrived yet - hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and wil report back.

When the black screen occurs, the sound does not cut out (I thought it may be a power issue but it doesn't seem to be)

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Alright, keep me posted.

Regards,

0 Kudos
SKeen1
Beginner

Hi there, an update on the black screen issue I was having: The issue seems to revolve around the use of the mini DP which, now the PC has been upgraded to win10, happens more infrequently but still occurs. When I use the HDMI port it does not occur at all now since the upgrade so all's well. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my earlier query. Regards

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the update.

Now that you have isolated the issue to the mini DP; Did you test the new cable, the one you ordered?

Regards,

0 Kudos
SKeen1
Beginner

Yes, it still flashes using the mini DP port but no longer when using HDMI.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Have you contacted Gigabyte in regard to this new finding? You might be facing an issue with the board itself, try to get in contact with them and let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos