Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

Re: Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - stops working

TUP
Beginner

Hello, I have not installed any third party programs as this came preinstalled so this an Intel product and it reinstalls itself upon restarting. I have an Intel Core i7-9750H Processor. I am unsure of which parts may be associated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @TUP

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (section Software) helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the following link:

Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Another option would be to contact your computer manufacturer (OEM)* if you are using a third-party system (Desktop or laptop). Our support is limited even though the host controller has been made by Intel. Since they have been modified by the OEM to work and be compatible in a specific system, it is recommended to contact the OEM as they are the ones who have designed, alternate features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to ensure hardware works as well as possible

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos