Hello! I want to buy some RAM for my notebook Asus ROG-GL502VM with intel core i7-6700HQ inside. For now here is 8Gb RAM on the motherboard + 8Gb RAM board. I found that link https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88967/intel-core-i7-6700hq-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-50-ghz.html and here is we have a line with words "Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 64Gb" and now my questions:
- How many boards and what size I can put in there in reality?
- What RAM friquency I can put in my laptop? Only 2133 MHz or something else will be also good in there?
I'll be happy for any answers about that, thank you!
- The Intel Specification sets the memory limit supported by the processor, however the maximum size of RAM memory is limited by your board specification.
- According to specification of your notebook you have installed already the maximum supported RAM (i.e. 16GB) https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL502VM/specifications/
- DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM is supported.
We can only answer... Maybe.
Again, it is very board-specific; whether BIOS is designed to support XMP profiles and whether (and how far) baseboard is designed to support higher speeds. You really need to be asking this question of the ASUS support folks.
Hope this helps,