Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Remove Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 from multiple PC's

Teabag22
Beginner

I have 100+ computers running Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0. 

Because of this vulnerability INTEL-SA-00243 and the discontinuation of the product by Intel I now have to remove it. 

I need to automate this process via SCCM, manual uninstall will be impossible. Can you tell me a command that will silently remove this product, entirely, please.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teabag22
Beginner

I'm looking at this uninstall string, how do I use it? Its not in a format I recognise.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is a simple command line string. From a program, you would pass this string to the exec() function. Same goes for scripting.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Teabag22, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Teabag22, I just received an update on this matter.

For this scenario, as an option, you can always use a PowerShell script to disable the Intel Turbo Boost feature, however, this is not within our scope of support as it is Operating System related. For your convenience, we found a 3rd party site with instructions here:

https://redmondmag.com/articles/2019/08/27/powershell-to-uninstall-an-application.aspx

If what you need is to remove the Intel TBM 3.0 and preventing it to be re-installed, then the only permanent solution is to disable it in BIOS first and there is no script for this.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos