Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Rendering problem on Intel Core i9 12900KF CPU

Three_D
Beginner

Hello 

We've changed our company CPU to intel Core i9 12900KF (16C ,24T) and the th PC is used mainly for 3DS MAX and Corona renderer . the problem is while rendering the task manager shows that only 8 threads are used from the 24 , and the overall usage at 40%.

we've updated the Bios and all drivers

the OS is windows 10

64G RAM 

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Unless I don't understand your query, you are talking about graphics rendering operations. These kinds of operations are actually going to be performed mostly by the iGFX engine. It's somewhat interesting that it is taking 8 threads to support the feed of these operations in to and out of the iGFX engine (I would have guessed less).

...S

0 Kudos
Three_D
Beginner

thanks for the feedback ,

I should have noted that Corona for 3DSMAX   depend heavily on CPU thread count and normally takes all the processer's power

also i've tried to benchmark using cinabench it used 100% of the CPU .

thanks

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Three_D,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i9-12900KF.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the report from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool:

3. Did the app work as expected before or with another CPU? If it worked with another CPU, can you provide the brand and model name?

4. Can you provide the name and version of the tool that you are using?

5. Did you notice this issue with other apps? If so, which apps?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Three_D,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Coody
Beginner
Hi,David
how do I know that all my choirs are running if they show me 8-16 in the task manager?? I have windows 10
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Three_D,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tanjamin
Beginner

for 100% CPU usage during 3DsMax rendering, Set :ACTIVE EFFICIENT CORES" value to 0 from bios.

0 Kudos