Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Replacement and selection of compatible processors

NKapu
Beginner

Hello! My name is Nikolai. Help me if it is within your power. I own a laptop Samsung NP-RF712 S01RU with an Intel Core i5-2410M processor on Socket PPGA988B. Which of these processors is fully compatible with i5-2410M for replacement on Socket PPGA988B:

Intel Core:

i5-2430M

i7-2620M

i7-2640M

i7-3520M

i7-3540M

If there is no necessary processor, tell me which one to choose. Thanks for the answer!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

For an upgrade processor, in addition to being socket and chipset compatible, it must also be compatible with the SAMSUNG BIOS.

Only Samsung can provide this information.

Ask Samsung what processors are compatible with their bios, then select from those processors.

Doc

NKapu
Beginner

Hi Al Hill! Prompt as me to ask Samsung support about the compatibility of the processors that they me again to the service center are not sent. They always send me there, but here's the problem - I live in the village and the service center is out of my League ...!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but there is nothing we can do here. The bios for your machine is owned and controlled by samsung. Only they know what processors their bios will support.

If you try one of the processors without this knowledge, you could damage your machine, or it may not be fully functional.

If samsung will not provide the information to you, see if their website has a list of supported processors, or contact their user forum where someone may know.

Also, read this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005682/processors.html Intel® Desktop Processor Upgrade Information

Doc

0 Kudos