Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Replacing Processor T2390

jualgozo
Beginner
Does possible to replace the processor T2390 with a new one? I mean, with a new version or model?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It depends upon the design of your laptop. In most, the processor is soldered directly onto the motherboard and cannot be replaced. If this is not the case, then you will need to talk to the manufacturer of your laptop to find out what replacement processors are supported by the laptop's BIOS. In order to use a processor, it must be socket, board and BIOS compatible.

All this said, you are talking about a laptop that is already 14 years old. It is not supported by any version of Windows that hasn't (also) been discontinued. Frankly, none of the processors you could possibly upgrade this laptop with is going to make a significant difference in performance. Bottom line, it simply isn't worth the cost or effort necessary. It is time to recycle this puppy and purchase something more modern - a lot more modern.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It depends upon the design of your laptop. In most, the processor is soldered directly onto the motherboard and cannot be replaced. If this is not the case, then you will need to talk to the manufacturer of your laptop to find out what replacement processors are supported by the laptop's BIOS. In order to use a processor, it must be socket, board and BIOS compatible.

All this said, you are talking about a laptop that is already 14 years old. It is not supported by any version of Windows that hasn't (also) been discontinued. Frankly, none of the processors you could possibly upgrade this laptop with is going to make a significant difference in performance. Bottom line, it simply isn't worth the cost or effort necessary. It is time to recycle this puppy and purchase something more modern - a lot more modern.

...S

0 Kudos
jualgozo
Beginner

Hi @n_scott_pearson 

I supposed something like that. Thanks a lot for your answer. In fact, I'm talking about a Dell Inspiron 1420 that have installed Win10 Pro with  a RAM of 4Gb, a SSD of 120Gb and have a good performance (taking into account that is pretty old ).  

The question that I did was more for curiosity. Once again, thanks a lot for your answer.

Kinds regards!!!

0 Kudos