Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Request the BIOS firmware of Rocket Lake CRB

SAVELIFE
Beginner

Hello:

I would like to get the following BIOS firmware binaries for CRB.

The CRB name is: 630695_Rocket_Lake-S_500_4L_UDIMM_RVP_Soft_Collateral_TDK_Rev1p0

Because we wanted to design our own motherboards based on this CRB.  I also contacted my account manager before, but did not find the finished product. So I couldn't buy a finished CRB or read the firmware from it.  However, Intel engineers gave me a reference firmware, I am not sure whether this firmware can be directly written into this CRB to run? 

The name of this reference firmware is:  RKL_BIOS_ww14_2022

And this CRB has an EC chip on it. Its model number is MEC1428.  After my research, its program firmware is also in flash memory outside the chip.  So, how do I know that the reference firmware also happens to have the EC chip firmware code?

Or does anyone have accurate firmware for this CRB that can guarantee it will work properly?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SAVELIFE,  

Thank you for all the information provided.

I would like to let you know that we have a specific forum for this kind of issue and product, it is called the Intel Developer Zone. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product.  

Here you will find the links to access the website and the community forums:  

Also, you may need to check the Intel® Resource and Documentation Center (RDC), you can find details in the following link:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SAVELIFE,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your NUC.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you provide the brand and model name of your NUC?

2. Can you provide the meaning of the CRB?

3. Can you provide more details about your project?

4. Can you provide more details about the person who gave you the information?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
SAVELIFE
Beginner

Hello:

First of all, thank you very much for your reply. I don't have a NUC host. Our company is designing a computer motherboard. At present is in the research and development of the design of the motherboard encountered a problem. Before we design, we need to evaluate some performance.  The original plan was to purchase Intel CRB motherboards. The CRB meaning is Customer Reference Board. The existing technical documentation about it was obtained after I signed CNDA with Intel. But these documentation only have schematic diagrams and PCB layout, etc. There is no binary firmware file for this motherboard. Now we cannot purchase CRB finished products. We will make this PCB by ourselves. And now PCB empty board has been made, next we will carry out SMT process. Therefore, we need to confirm with Intel whether there is BIOS firmware that can run properly on this CRB motherboard. In this way , we can quickly determine that the motherboard we manufacture can work properly. The above is the background to the issue.

And then a couple of questions you raised:

1, Can you provide the brand and model name of your NUC?

Answer: Not an Intel NUC host , but a motherboard made according to Intel's CRB drawings.

2, Can you provide the meaning of the CRB?

Answer:  Customer Reference Board. It is a drawing designed by Intel and used for customer design reference.

3,  Can you provide more details about your project?

Answer: This is a tiny computer motherboard. We plan to use it in analytical instruments. Such as FTIR(Fourier infrared spectrometer).

4, Can you provide more details about the person who gave you the information?

Answer: They are my account manager and my FAE. If you want to get more detailed contact information, you can provide you email address to me, I will email you. This is because a lot of details will involve the CNDA agreement between our company and Intel, so it is not convenient to disclose on the public platform. However, as you are an employee of Intel, it does not violate the CNDA agreement for me to provide it to you.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SAVELIFE,  

Thank you for all the information provided.

I would like to let you know that we have a specific forum for this kind of issue and product, it is called the Intel Developer Zone. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product.  

Here you will find the links to access the website and the community forums:  

Also, you may need to check the Intel® Resource and Documentation Center (RDC), you can find details in the following link:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos