Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Running IPDT (most current - 08/2019) on my i7 2.00 GHz Dell laptop IPDT visPARTICLE locks at MATH testing and shows (Not Responding). Ideas why and what this indicates? Thanks for your consideration, OldHeart

OHe
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

What operating system? Windows 10? What version? 1903?

Are you having any other problems with the laptop?

Have you contacted Dell for support?

Doc

0 Kudos
OHe
Beginner

i7 - 2630QM - 2.0 GHz, Quad Core.

W10 Pro x64 - 1903.

No other evident problems with the DELL 15R N5110, 8GB PC3, 10600 RAM.

No support from DELL for Legacy computers, and this is an intel product and associated software problem.

So, I ask again. What causes the IPDT to lock up as I described, ONLY in the MATH portion of the testing, passes all previous tests quite quickly without problems.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I cannot say what is wrong, or why the error occurred. However, your (Sandy Bridge) processor and graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

And, as there is no support from Dell for legacy, there is no support here for the same.

Besides updating the Dell bios, I would ignore the error.

Doc

0 Kudos
OHe
Beginner

Thanks, Doc,

The BIOS is the most current available from DELL.

I'll try the test on the laptop by R&Ring the W10 Pro x64 drive with the W7 Pro x64 Original drive, then. Just for the fun of it.

Until W7 goes away, I have each of my laptops with a W7 x64 installation HDD/SSD AND a W10 Pro x64 installation on separate HDDs/SSDs and I've modified (cut the N5110 case around the drive mounts) the laptops, to access and R&R the HDD/SSD without having to completely disassemble the laptop(s). I can't afford new computers so get the best I can find and rebuild them.

ANYHOW..........

Thanks again, Doc.

I won't respond to any other messages about this.

0 Kudos