Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15133 Discussions

Running 'Intel® Driver & Support Assistant' fails with message 'Scan Error'

JohnPFW
Beginner

The detail of the Scan Failure message says:

"Failed to scan system for updates. Please click "Refresh Results" to try again."

I have tried running it using Chrome, Firefox and Edge - same result.

Uninstalled the app and installed a fresh copy from intel website - same error.

Confirmed the services related to the assistant are running.

I have a 2nd identical server which is having the same problem.

Screenshot of error attached.

Results of System Support Utility scan attached.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnPFW

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant on your system,

Based on the log files that you provided you are using an Intel® Server and Windows Server 2012, the hardware as well as the Operating System are not supported by the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, and drivers are not provided for these products through this tool. Our recommendation is to use the Download Center to update your drivers.

Please check the following article for more information:

Intel Products That Aren’t Supported by Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)

Common Reasons why the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) isn't Finding your Hardware

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Fundamentals

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnPFW

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant on your system,

Based on the log files that you provided you are using an Intel® Server and Windows Server 2012, the hardware as well as the Operating System are not supported by the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, and drivers are not provided for these products through this tool. Our recommendation is to use the Download Center to update your drivers.

Please check the following article for more information:

Intel Products That Aren’t Supported by Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)

Common Reasons why the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) isn't Finding your Hardware

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Fundamentals

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnPFW

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Hugo O. 

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnPFW

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos