Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

SGX support on Xeon Scalable processors?

JSobc
Beginner

Do the Xeon Scalable processors (specifically the Xeon Bronze 3104) support SGX?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello netneutrality,

Thank you for joining the Processors community.

Please let me review this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I too have this same question. Everything I read regarding Xeon Scalable series, prior to the July announcement, indicated support for SGX. However everything on ark.intel.com says nothing on it for scalable. For earlier processors and for newer E2/E3 and later Core i series it at least says yes or no. But nothing regarding SGX is mentioned at all online which I have found regarding scalable. It is now three months since the original question, and four months since the announcement. Could we please have an answer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I thought I'd update what I'd found else where. It would be good to hear from the Intel folks. I saw a You Tube recorded video from Amazons

AWS re:invent 2017: C5 Instances and the Evolution of Amazon EC2 Virtualization

In it the project leader for the C5 instance is asked does it support the SGX instruction set, He replies

SGX is not supported in any Skylake Server CPU and hence is not supported on the C5 instance. Amazon is working with Intel on this.

Still would like confirmation from Intel folks. Even if you just updated the Xeon Scalable entries on ark,intel.com to have SGX box with a no would be fine.

0 Kudos