Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11669 Discussions

SL9QB compatible with G33M-02 M'Board?

Brunoman
Beginner

Hi all, thank you for allowing me to join your Community.

I want to know if the SL9QB is compatible with G33M-02 M'Board? Can't find much info on the web other than a list made a few years ago.

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Your SL9QB processor, better known as a Pentium D 945, is from 2006, is not supported.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/27520/intel-pentium-d-processor-945-4m-cache-3-...

You will have to ask the motherboard/system manufacturer if that processor is supported by their motherboard BIOS, which I imagine is no longer supported.

Now, my personal opinion - get rid of these relics and get yourself a modern, supported system.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your SL9QB processor, better known as a Pentium D 945, is from 2006, is not supported.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/27520/intel-pentium-d-processor-945-4m-cache-3-...

You will have to ask the motherboard/system manufacturer if that processor is supported by their motherboard BIOS, which I imagine is no longer supported.

Now, my personal opinion - get rid of these relics and get yourself a modern, supported system.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

Brunoman
Beginner

Thanks for the reply AlHill, problem is I'm a state pensioner in South Africa and with a pension of approx $120 US it's difficult to just go out and buy a new system. Hence my using the PC that Noah used to count the animals in the Ark. I did at least change the HDD to a SSD which was a great improvement.

Have a great day.

Bruno