Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

SR 300 camera

RGAR
Beginner

INTEL webcam SR 300 Depth intermittently inoperative.  When uninstalled/reinstalled it works for a few hours, then stops.  Drivers indicated as up to date.  BIOS "updated".  Error code 0xA00F4244 < "no camera attached".  Sometimes shows on device manager, sometimes not.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
RGAR
Beginner

Thanks for responding.

I went through the posts you referred.  Didn't find anything that helps.  Device manager says camera is working properly.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, that's not what was meant. Go to that forum and re-post your question(s) there. You will get the better mindset for these issues.

...S

0 Kudos
RGAR
Beginner
Got a question from martyg, to which I replied but have heard nothing further. Perhaps my reply didn't go?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@MartyG always responds to questions.   I am certain he will to this one.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks as always for tagging me, Al.

I did respond to this question on the RealSense forum but there was not a reply to my comment yet.

https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360051471773/comments/360012987214

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am only seeing Marty's comment in response to the original post. I am not seeing any subsequent response (comment) from @RGAR.

...S

0 Kudos
RGAR
Beginner

Marty,

The computer is a desktop 27-ao27c, "All-In-One".  Purchased in 09/2016.

R

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Is the camera built into the computer or attached separately with a USB cable please?

0 Kudos
RGAR
Beginner

Marty,

The desktop computer is an HP 27-a027c.  Purchased in 09/16.

R

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

My question was if the camera is plugged into the computer with a cable or if it is built into the computer.

0 Kudos
RGAR
Beginner

The camera is built into the computer.  No external cables or devices.  There is a small circle in the top frame of the screen with a tiny glowing green light.  Norton says that the webcam is activated for Skype, Chrome, etc. each time I change sites.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thank you very much for the confirmation that it is a built-in RealSense camera.  History with such cases has shown that once the built-in cameras have problems then they are very hard to repair compared to a camera attached by a cable.  If it is working intermittently then it may be better to live with the problem than spend a very long time trying to find a solution that works and likely not succeeding.  I am sorry that I do not have better news.

0 Kudos
RGAR
Beginner
0 Kudos