Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14500 Discussions

Screen tearing when mirror external monitor (W7 PRO x64bit)

PVlac
Beginner

Hello,

I have problem on my Lenovo Y50-70 with i7 4710HQ (but my friend with i5 4210H too) on W7 PRO x64bit when mirror external monitor with screen tearing (splitting screen in half) . We tried all intel drivers (includes Lenovo intel video driver) , but the problem is still here.

Tearing is always only one monitor, when I set external monitor on first position, I have tearing on my laptop screen. When I switched them, I have tearing on external monitor.

I don't know if this problem is tearing, but screen split in half and this split slowly moving up or down.

I tried different resolutions too. Both screens we have on 1080 60p Hz .

Extending screen on external monitor is OK.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PVlac Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Is Windows® 7 the OS the came with the system? • What is the brand an model of the display? • Does this happen with other displays? • Is the display connected with HDMI® to HDMI®? Or is there any dongle, adapter or docking station? • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

I have clean W7 installation from Microsoft website.

I mirroring laptop display to LG TV (47LM640S-ZA)

Today I will try another TV/Monitor , so then I will write you results.

Yes, laptop and TV both connected via HDMI

TXT file I upload tomorrow.

Thank you for quick reply, the problem is only when I clone/mirroring displays. When I extending them, it's everything OK.

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Hm, another monitor shows tearing too on mirroring :-/ .

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PVlac Thank you for the information. • Where you able to complete the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report? • Have you reported this behavior with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the system? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PVlac I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PVlac I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

​Yes, sorry for my long responses, but I don't have much time to answering (too much work) . Today I write to Lenovo forum with this problem (Lenovo create new Czech and Slovak community, so for me is much more easier now to communicate with Lenovo) , but as I said, this problem I have on two laptops on any external monitor/TV . Only mirroring/cloning screens. And OK today I install Intel utility tool too on my second laptop and send you info after scan.

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Ok here it is a log from Intel utility, I have on this Y50-70 the latest Intel video driver.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PVlac Thank you for the information. I tried to replicate the behavior with a DELL™ XPS™ with an Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ, Intel® HD graphics 4600 (graphics diver .5058) and Windows® 10, using a LG* 55UH8500 display, and setting the multiple display options to clone display I did not face the screen tearing behavior, at this point, this might be happening due to of the operating system (OS) or the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) design since the Intel® HD graphics controller is not presenting this behavior during the testing. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

There are some differences between W7 and W10 drivers well? Maybe in W10 this problem is solved? I can't try W10 at the moment on these Y50-70 laptops. So the only hope is Lenovo forum at the moment?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello PVlac Thank you for the information. • There are some differences between W7 and W10 drivers? o The Intel® Graphics Driver 15.36.35.5057 installed on your system can be used on Windows® 7 and Windows® 8.1 (reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28165/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496). o The Intel® Graphics Driver 15.40.41.5058 used during the testing can be used with Windows® 7, Windows® 8..1 and Windows® 10 (reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496). • Maybe in W10 this problem is solved? I can't try W10 at the moment on these Y50-70 laptops. So the only hope is Lenovo forum at the moment? o You can complete the testing with Windows® 10 on the system but if the laptop came with Windows® 7 pre-installed on the system due to of OS license and warranty coverage it is recommended to refer to the OEM before taking actions to complete a OS updated or clean OS installation. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
0 Kudos