Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Sideband Fabric Device Driver Disables USB Detection

WxAaRoNxW
Beginner
I currently have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 (windows version). It has a driver called Sideband Fabric Driver. It's a device driver that makes the touchscreen works and other essential drivers to work. If I install it, the touchscreen works and other things like battery icon, touchpad backlight charging status light, etc, but the USB flex cable that I bought and replaced for my broken USB flex cable doesn't work with it and it doesn't detect anything being plugged(no sound, no notif). If I uninstalled Intel Sideband Fabric Drivers, the USB flex cable can now detect devices

This is my status:
Sideband Fabric Driver is a driver that is essential for Mi Pad 2's touchscreen to work.
My Mi Pad 2's USB flex cable broke so I replaced it with a new non-original USB Flex Cable.

This is my problem:
Sideband Fabric is not compatible with the non-original USB Flex Cable. 
Uninstalling Sideband Fabric Device Driver makes my USB Flex Cable able to detect USB Devices but touchscreen won't work cause Sideband is uninstalled

Notes (possible insights):
booting the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 to safe mode is able to detect USB devices. but it's touch screen processor still works except from battery display, backlight buttons, tablet screen resize, etc.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello WxAaRoNxW

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your concerns, it is worth mentioning that the Intel® Sideband Fabric Driver is a driver for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and it is EOL (End-of-life).

Most OEMs do have the driver available, but "as-is". What we can recommend is to check this further with your OEM Xiaomi for proper assistance. Another recommendation is to check your OEM community for support if the system/device is out of warranty.

Additionally, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos