Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11688 Discussions

Sideband Fabric Device Driver Disables USB Detection

WxAaRoNxW
Beginner
I currently have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 (windows version). It has a driver called Sideband Fabric Driver. It's a device driver that makes the touchscreen works and other essential drivers to work. If I install it, the touchscreen works and other things like battery icon, touchpad backlight charging status light, etc, but the USB flex cable that I bought and replaced for my broken USB flex cable doesn't work with it and it doesn't detect anything being plugged(no sound, no notif). If I uninstalled Intel Sideband Fabric Drivers, the USB flex cable can now detect devices

This is my status:
Sideband Fabric Driver is a driver that is essential for Mi Pad 2's touchscreen to work.
My Mi Pad 2's USB flex cable broke so I replaced it with a new non-original USB Flex Cable.

This is my problem:
Sideband Fabric is not compatible with the non-original USB Flex Cable. 
Uninstalling Sideband Fabric Device Driver makes my USB Flex Cable able to detect USB Devices but touchscreen won't work cause Sideband is uninstalled

Notes (possible insights):
booting the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 to safe mode is able to detect USB devices. but it's touch screen processor still works except from battery display, backlight buttons, tablet screen resize, etc.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WxAaRoNxW

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your concerns, it is worth mentioning that the Intel® Sideband Fabric Driver is a driver for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and it is EOL (End-of-life).

Most OEMs do have the driver available, but "as-is". What we can recommend is to check this further with your OEM Xiaomi for proper assistance. Another recommendation is to check your OEM community for support if the system/device is out of warranty.

Additionally, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician