Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Signal processing controller 8086:a77d

Marcin_Szczurowski

Hi,

I found this intel device on my system after swapping i7-12700KF for i7-13700K.

Signal processing controller -> Intel Corporation Device [8086:a77d]

If I have to guess, this have something to do with graphics but I don't know. Most of all, driver for that thing doesn't exist as far as I know.

What is that and where do I look for Win 10 driver?

It looks like Linux kernel have it.

Best,
Marcin.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You didn't include any information about your motherboard, so I cannot link you directly to the file, but I believe that you need to reinstall the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package that your motherboard manufacturer provided on their website. Use the following process:

1. Download the Chipset Device Software package from your motherboard manufacturer. It will be a ZIP file.
  2. Extract this package to a temporary folder.
  3. Open a Command or PowerShell Window as Administrator.
  4. Change directory (CD) to this temporary folder.
  5. Run command ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall".
  6. Reboot.
  7. Delete temporary folder.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Marcin_Szczurowski  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of your inquiry: 

1. Do you see any yellow exclamation mark on the Device Manager? 
  2. What type of driver are you looking for? Please specify, so I can help you to find it. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Marcin_Szczurowski

Marcin_Szczurowski_0-1673736230123.png

In English it would be something like "Signal processing and gathering PCI controller"

I believe it's iGPU related, as I can't get 3D to work properly.

Device ID: 8086:a77d

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You didn't include any information about your motherboard, so I cannot link you directly to the file, but I believe that you need to reinstall the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package that your motherboard manufacturer provided on their website. Use the following process:

1. Download the Chipset Device Software package from your motherboard manufacturer. It will be a ZIP file.
  2. Extract this package to a temporary folder.
  3. Open a Command or PowerShell Window as Administrator.
  4. Change directory (CD) to this temporary folder.
  5. Run command ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall".
  6. Reboot.
  7. Delete temporary folder.

Hope this helps,

...S

andulian
Beginner

Hi Scott,

I am having the same issue. I tried doing what you posted but with no success on a MSI Tomahawk z790 WiFI. I have also changed the CPU from a 8700K to a 13700K, but while also changing the MB, SSD, RAM and PSU. 

Any other ideas on what i could try? Also i have just reinstalled WIN 10, created the newest image i found on the oficial Windows link. 

I keep getting Kernel Failure 141, in certain games (CS2, Fortnite, Finals) could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks,

ALex 

0 Kudos
Marcin_Szczurowski

I reinstalled same version of the chipset driver and it worked. I'll never understand why this happens.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Then I won't waste a lot of time explaining it. It was caused by your processor change.

...S

0 Kudos