Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Six months of issues...

SZele
Beginner

Hello everyone. After six months of not being able to use my computer, and 4 RMA's of my MSI Z77A-G41 motherboard, I believe I am having a problem with my processor.

One day in July, my motherboard stopped outputting VGA and my graphics card wouldn't work either. My computer would turn on, not post, and restart. I eventually got the motherboard RMA'd, thinking it was a problem with it. When I got it back, it worked fine for a week, then the problem started happening again.

Two RMA's later, and I'm stuck not having any idea what the problem could be. It's very unlikely faulty RAM, because I have tried several sticks. I don't think it is my PSU, and I'm left thinking it's a problem with my i7-3770K

After a few seconds of being on, my i7 gets extremely hot. I don't know if that means anything, but I think it might be the problem. I don't know how this problem could have happened, and I would like some help.

Thanks

-Stefan Zelenäk

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Cym4tic,

I would like to get more information about your system configuration. Can you please post your dxdiag report here? Can you also let me know what the Power Supply wattage is? What temperatures is the processor reaching?

0 Kudos