Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
11847 Discussions

Skylake-X Intel Desktop processors have ACS support ?

NKefa
Beginner

According to Vol-2 datasheet., The Haswell-E (LGA2011-v3), Ivy Bridge-E (LGA2011), Sandy Bridge-E (LGA2011) and Broadwell-E (LGA2011-v3) have ACS (Access Control Services). They provide acscaphdr, acscaphdr and acscaphdr.

Do the Skylake-X (i7-7800X, i7-7820X, and i9-7900X) Desktop processors have ACS support ?

Unfortunately the Vol-2 datasheet is not available for the Skylake-X Processors https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello /thread/117313 nkefgr,

I work for Intel Customer Support (same as Amy) and we just got confirmation that ACS is supported on SKL-X platform.

Documentation will be updated.

Regards,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello nkefgr,

Thank you for joining the Processors community.

Please let me double check this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

NKefa
Beginner

Hi Amy,

thanks for the quick reply, I am looking forward for your info.

Regards,

nkef

Ronny_G_Intel

Hello /thread/117313 nkefgr,

I work for Intel Customer Support (same as Amy) and we just got confirmation that ACS is supported on SKL-X platform.

Documentation will be updated.

Regards,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

NKefa
Beginner

Hi Ronny,

thanks for the information, can you clarify if all CPU models of the SKL-X platform support ACS and specifically if the i7-7820X has ACS support ?

Do you know when the Vol.2 datasheet for Skylake-X (i7-7800X, i7-7820X, and i9-7900X) processors will be available ?

NKefa
Beginner

I got confirmation from Intel support that i7-7820X has ACS support.

Ι got a working system with PCIe passthrough with i7-7820X alongside with Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming.