Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Still Thermal Throttling, slows PC

IntsSed
Beginner

Still problem with Thermal Throttling.
Ho i can prevent? Look image below.
Dell G5 15 5587 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz, 64 bit, 
Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with MaxQ design, Intel UHD Graphics 630)

Thanks!

Ekrānuzņēmums 2021-11-28 152753.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is a laptop. The manufacturer of your laptop (i.e., Dell) is solely responsible for the clocking (standard and Turbo Boost) and thermal management of your processor. If you are thermal throttling, then it is their screwup (sadly, we hear this a lot). Your questions should be directed to them.

...S

0 Kudos
IntsSed
Beginner

Thanks, n_scott_pearson, for answer!
Sure, You maybe knew about processor capabilities?

I have answer in another post from Shivam_Shobhit:

Your processor is alright as the T Junction temp. for your processor i.e. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz is 100 deg C, As per yu ran the test results the max temp. which you got is 85 deg C. So there is no issue with your system. "

Link to post https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Termal-Throttling-question/td-p/1277088 

But would be grateful for another approval, because i am just worry pc health.
DELL-Cares not so sure that Thermal Throttling is usual.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello IntsSed

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In this case, the TJ max for your processor is 100 degrees, anything below that is considered as normal behavior and you should not worry about it. 

In case you want to check the customization, Dell has made to the components of the laptop on how they behave, you will need to contact them directly. Remember that OEMs customize their parts to work with their systems, in case you want to check its specifications, you will need to contact them. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntsSed
Beginner

Thanks, Josue_O_Intel, for answer!
You make me safer.

I still keep talking with DELL-Cares.
Yesterday i carry pc to Computer WorkShop.
Got back few hours ago.
Now i made recommended tests and still keep gather information.

Ofcourse i can increase Fan influence to prevent Thermal Throttling? Not sure is it best solution?

There some screens from first conversations:

Ekrānuzņēmums 2021-12-03 194138.jpg

Ekrānuzņēmums 2021-12-03 194200.jpg

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello IntsSed

Thank you for the information provided, for fan configurations our recommendation is to check with the OEM since they are the ones that integrated the cooling system and know how to configure it for better performance. 

Now, you can use our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to check the current status of the processor, this tool will run a series of tests on your processor and determine if it is working as expected or if there are any issues with it, please download it from the following link, run it and attach a screenshot of the results to your response: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html

Also, please let me know if the higher temperatures are present when running high-demanding tasks or if they are when the system is idle or on low-demanding tasks. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
IntsSed
Beginner

Hello, Josue_O_Intel!

There i run diagnostic tool, view attached TXT file.

There can you see that Fans do not working at all.
But has Thermal Throttling, look image below:

Ekrānuzņēmums 2021-12-06 135831.jpg

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello IntsSed

Thank you for the information provided, after checking the report, it seems the processor is working fine and not having any issues. In case you are having performance issues with the system, our recommendation is to continue checking with Dell and follow all their recommendations. 

Regarding the issues with the fans, you will need to check with Dell for a replacement or troubleshooting for them. 

Hope this information is useful, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
IntsSed
Beginner

Thanks, Josue O., for information!

0 Kudos