Hello, 

I am having problems with my PC 

i5-10400F 

Memory 2x8gb 2666 mhz  hyperx

Motherboard MSI B460 PRO VDH WI-FI

SSD 480 gb ADATA XPG 

PS Corsair 550w 

Video Card RX 570 MSI 4gb 

I was having performance issues since I set up the computer, so i started looking for the problem, and found from GPU-Z that the video card was working only in PCI express X1 3.0 and not X16 as usual, by the BIOS i see the same information, i already tried everything, tested another GPU, reset BIOS, updated BIOS, drivers, windows, chipset, clean install windows, take off the GPU and put again, its all fited well, so i have 2 options now, can be the CPU or the motherboard, any surgestions of how i teste them ? If can its normal this problem with a CPU or its the motherboard ?  

0 Kudos
12 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Pedro_vitor

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We recommend checking with the OEM or OEM documentation to confirm which PCIe slot you're using, we can verify that the system is up to date and run diagnostics on the processor. Please share with us the following:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Pedro_vitor
Beginner

follows attached the reports 

0 Kudos
Pedro_vitor
Beginner

Helllo David

soon as possible i will run the tool and send the summary,

the PCI slot its x16, as you can see in the manual of the motherboard and in the web site of the OEM, 

the motherboard have only one PCI x16 slot, there's no mistake, something's wrong, CPU or motherboard ...

B460M PRO-VDH WIFI (msi.com)

thanks for answering

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. Could you please check on BIOS if it shows as x1 or x16, are you connecting directly to the motherboard? Please share with us a screenshot of what's shown on BIOS.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Pedro_vitor
Beginner
0 Kudos
Pedro_vitor
Beginner

The HWiNFO64 says that the motherboard suport x16 3.0 (8.0 GT/s) but is currently running at x1 (2.5 GT/s)

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Pedro_vitor

As a friendly reminder, we need to confirm if you're connecting the GPU directly to the motherboard or if you're using a riser card/other add-ins. Just to confirm, did you check the BIOS already? could you please share a screenshot of the BIOS with us? This is to confirm if the BIOS also reads it as x1.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Pedro_vitor
Beginner

Hello David G

I will give you more details, so the GPU its directly installed in the motherboard, since i notice this issue, i tried check if its not a problem of fit problem, but it seems not, i tested other GPU a GT 730 and the result was the same PCI running at x1, so i tested both GPU the RX 570 and the GT 730 in other PC, and they worked normaly at PCI x16,
following the screenshots of the BIOS and the PC.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Pedro_vitor, Thank you very much for sharing those details and the pictures.

"i tested both GPU the RX 570 and the GT 730 in other PC, and they worked normaly at PCI x16,", based on those results it seems to be that the problem is actually related to the board itself.

In order to rule out a possible hardware problem with the Intel® processor, please install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it does an overall test in the unit and if it passes the test it means it is working properly and then we will know for sure if the problem is the processor or the board. Once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=intel%20processor%20diagnostic%20tool

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Pedro_vitor
Beginner

I already tested, and put the results in a reply to David_G, the test was sucessefull, i just wanted a confirmation to send the mother board to the warrant, thanks.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update @Pedro_vitor. The diagnostic tool tells us that the processor is working fine, please check with the motherboard manufacturer for diagnostic tests or replacement. In case the issue happens again you can contact Intel live support for other options.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos