Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Subject not spam?

lEdge
New Contributor I
Since you people think my posts are spam.
I can ask a question about the Silver N5000 again. I found out it's a Sockets Supported FCBGA1090. So what makes it special that it doesn't need a fan? And when looking for fanless computers do I look for the TDP TDW that's low? And is this socket a SoC or something? Besides some manufacturers sell the chips like this in SoC whenever they feel like it anyway.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

They're considered SPAM if they contain links to sites which are considered to advertise products or push the opinions of unrelated people or organizations. They are also considered SPAM if they contain certain words or word combinations. Be careful what you say and how you say it. You should also avoid using external links (especially those obfuscated or that utilize URL shortening sites/services.

This particular processor has a 6W TDP. If the unit includes an alternative method for dissipating this much heat, then it doesn't need to include a fan. TDP should be your primary consideration for the selection of fanless designs. This processor is indeed an SoC design and the FCBGA1090 'socket' is indeed for SoC devices.

...S

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

I'm going to have to have a serious conversation with somebody's mother concerning what spam means. Because I don't really care what anyone here thinks. If you want to talk about straight up lying find this laptop. On the list. I'm not even going to discuss the opportunity for a fanless design that I have so much trouble finding.Screenshot_20211008-120226.png

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

Maybe you just didn't click with me. That's why it's a community. You don't have to admit that you're bad.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, but you do need to meet the site's code of conduct.

...S

0 Kudos