Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Sudden fps drops i7-7700HQ

bora45
Beginner

I'm using Intel Core i7-7700HQ @2.80 Ghz as motherboard

my laptop had no issue after the last reset i did but Today i got so many fps drops while playing gta 5 i had this problem once before so i looked at my cpu usage and i saw its looking like waves and as my research its because something called SpeedStep and as my research i should able to close it in the bios menu but there is nothing relevant to speedstep i tried performance mode didnt work i updated every driver i have and it didnt work too i need help about fixing it do i have to change  my motherboard?

Ekran Görüntüsü (449).png

i have 16 GB Ram
64 bit screen
nvidia gtx1050 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

What are you talking about?  Change your motherboard?  i7-7700HQ as your motherboard?  None of this makes sense.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Also, for ANY bios issues, you need to work with the laptop manufacturer.

And, if you have nvidia graphics, you should be discussing that with the laptop manufacturer or nvidia.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos