Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14779 Discussions

Switch TDP please help

Timlab55
Beginner

If I'm reading the stuff right on the Intel website, the processor that I have the TDP can go from 125 Watts down to 95 Watts, which will save on my Elect bill.  There is no information on the web about it, and therefore, I need your help on how to do this.

Processor Intel I9-11900K

Motherboard  Z-590-E

PSU  800 watts

The information from Intell website can be found here:  

Configurable TDP-down Base Frequency

Configurable TDP-down Base Frequency is a processor operating mode where the processor behavior and performance is modified by lowering TDP and the processor frequency to fixed points. The Configurable TDP-down Base Frequency is where the Configurable TDP-down is defined. Frequency is typically measured in gigahertz (GHz), or billion cycles per second.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212325/intel-core-i911900k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

Thanks

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timlab55

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I understand that you want to know how to configure configurable TDP-down Base Frequency/TDP-down. I know this can be important for you and we will be glad to share some information.

The configurable TDP-down Base Frequency refers to the frequency the processor can use when using the recommended tdp-down value of 95W. These settings are usually defined by the system manufacturer and if the BIOS allows them to be modified you should find the options within the BIOS menu. Please contact the system manufacturer in order to know how to lower TDP through their BIOS and where the settings are located at. Also, please note that modifying settings outside the system specifications might void the processor warranty.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timlab55

We shared some information related to the TDP settings of the Intel processor in our last post, Were you able to check it? Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Best Regards

Hugo O

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timlab55

We hope that the information we shared in our previous post regarding TDP-down Base Frequency has helped you answer your question, as previously advised in order to modify TDP settings this has to be done through the BIOS menu, hence, we recommend you contact your system manufacturer to know exactly where these settings are located. Since we have not heard back from you we will no longer monitor this thread but if you have further questions you can feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos