here is my configurations

intel i7 7700k

32 GB RAM

250 GB SSD

1TB HDD

1080ti GPU

Asus Strix Z270E MOBO

----------------------------------------

Just few days ago i build my machine, i purchased intel i7 7700k on 28sep,2017 instaled it on 2nd of October, It perform well for 3 days after that applications start lagging crashing, Suddenly i opened task manager "Performance Tab" and found only one core working, i was shook because i saw only 1 physical core and 1 thread is working. i searched on internet ,Found nothing, tried msconfig but failed. Also tried intel Processor Diagnosis, nothing happend. They all Showing There is only 1 core 1 thread, But Device manager showing 8 processors. I'm Freaking out What the hell is going on, There Should be 4 Physical cores and 8 Threads. i attached screenshots. Plz Help me as soon as possible to find out whats is going on with it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In my experience, whenever I see this occurring, 99.9% of the time the issue is in the BIOS configuration. The 0.1% is the (exceedingly rare) cases where there is something physically wrong.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In my experience, whenever I see this occurring, 99.9% of the time the issue is in the BIOS configuration. The 0.1% is the (exceedingly rare) cases where there is something physically wrong.

...S

0 Kudos
DShar8
Beginner

yeah!... I Remove processor and reinstall it and window too. after that I got them back.

0 Kudos