Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

System diagnostics failure

Kochegarova
Beginner

Following several blue screen shutdowns of my Windows PC (STOPERROR) I have systematically run every possible diagnostic tool to find the error.

When I run the Intel diagnostic tool for the proccessor (i9 7990X) my PC crashes on cue (Blue screen STOPERROR) as soon as the tool hits the "Prime Number" check.

Every other aspect of my PC (Ramm HyperX 64GB, NVidia P5000 Quadro, 750Watt PSU Seasonic Gold) seem to be working fine.

How do I get this fixed? Do I need to buy a whole new processor to replaec the faulty one?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kochegarova,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. When did the issue start happening?
  2. RAM frequency.
  3. Model of the motherboard. 
  4. Picture of the BSOD.
  5. Have you tested the processor in a different system?
  6. Have you tested the motherboard with a different processor?
  7. Were any changes made recently to the system?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kochegarova,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kochegarova,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos