Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

TPM Admin not recognizing Intel Platform Trust Technology

ScottS
Beginner

Although I have re-enabled Intel PTT in the bios after a bios update, TPM Admin still is not recognizing the PTT.  Am I missing a step to get it recognized?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ScottS, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides the BIOS update?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ScottS
Beginner

System was running 100% fine and TPM recognized the Intel PTT prior to bios update. Please responses below...

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

i7-8700

What is the model of the motherboard?

GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

N/A

Is this a new computer?

No

Was it working fine before?

Yes; prior to the bios update

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides the BIOS update?

WIFI adapter, but had no adverse affect on the PC

Which Windows* version are you using?

Windows 10 x64 Pro

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Home

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

ScottS, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the SSU report, the BIOS version currently installed is the latest one which is F14b. 

So, since the problem started right after the BIOS update and everything related to the BIOS was designed and customized by Gigabyte, for testing purposes, we recommend to get in contact directly with them so they can provide further assistance on this topic and confirm if it is safe to do a rollback on the BIOS to the previous version that used to work fine and to gather the instructions on how to do that, they might have additional details if there might be a known issue with BIOS version F14b:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-HD3P-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results so if necessary, we can further assist you.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
ScottS
Beginner

What did you need all that info for? I had already mentioned this occurred after a bios update.  Why do all component manufacturers try to pass the buck on to each other; it's a circle jerk.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi ScottS, Thank you very much for your response.

Before we can recommend any type of suggestions on different subjects, we need to make sure first which is the platform being used. 

For example, if you were using an Intel® NUC, that is an Intel® product, so we do support the BIOS on that specific device in the event there are any problems with it, in this case, the product you are working with is a Gigabyte board and they will be the ones that will further assist you with any kind of BIOS issues.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos