Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14532 Discussions

TSX feature is not found with my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 device (m3-6Y30 processor)

JWong19
Beginner

TSX feature is not found with my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 device (m3-6Y30 processor)

Anything goes wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, jrmwng:

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Communities.

The Intel® TSX-NI is available for the Intel® Core™ m3-6Y30 Processor (http://ark.intel.com/products/88198/Intel-Core-m3-6Y30-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-2_20-GHz Intel® Core™ m3-6Y30 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.20 GHz) Specifications); However, since this is being used in an OEM device, the manufacturer could have disabled the feature during the design/integration of the unit.

My recommendation right now would be to check this with the support for the product.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/contact-us Contact Microsoft Answer Desk for Surface

Since the OEM is the one designing the device and integrating it, they can add or remove features that could help the processor perform better with their solution.

Regards,

Esteban C

JWong19
Beginner

A reply from Surface Support,

we cannot provide specific CPU instruction, and instruction is not supported by each CPU instruction, it cannot be is subject to third-party software queries.

In addition, the reported package is "Socket 1168 BGA" instead of the specified "FCBGA1515".

Anything goes wrong?

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, jrmwng:

After checking this information in a processor that has the feature, I was able to check the instruction present in CPU-Z monitoring software.

Here you can find the screenshot where the instruction is present, note this is a full system CPU/Motherboard/RAM configuration.

Chances are that the feature was disabled by the designers of the device you have.

If you require any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos