Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14538 Discussions

Temperatures Q9300

idata
Employee

Has bought the new processor - CQ9300. Mother board Asus P5K-E. BIOS last. The processor is normally defined. At first there was cooler Ice Hammer - completely copper. Processor temperature in BIOS - 59-60. Speedfan shows total 56, cores 60-53-58-58 - in idle time. Under loading:total. 64 cores 71-61-68-68. Dispersal is not present. Pressure regular. Has put super cooler Speedfun in idle time: total 51 cores 57-51-56-56. Under loading: total 61 cores 67-59-63-63. Comment please. It normally?

4 Replies
idata
Employee

yep, looks good

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are confident? The temperature limit is very close.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yes i am confident!:)

The official limit is 71.4°C which is for the CPU as a whole. But also this is a generalization and based on the CPU working 24/7 for something silly like 20 years. Each individual CPU has it's own threshold, even if it is the same model, stepping and came out of the factory one after another, they can still vary quite a lot. trust me you have nothing to worry about.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your answer. From dialogue with you I have understood that manufacture of processors very much not stably and the difference in temperature can reach to 20 %. My friend has a same processor and at it temperature more low more than on 10 degrees. As I communicated at a forum in the country and there as at some people a wide scatter in temperature

0 Kudos