Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

The sum of it is: Why would I go with an Intel again?

PCarl4
Beginner

Reasoning: AMD 12C 3900X probably performs better/equal to a 9920X but will cost half the price(even less than that). Just that they sell a CPU with the same performance for half the price tells you something about how absurd prices Intel is asking for. Intel haven´t shown any interest in raising the bar for gamers in years. Last time they did was when the firstdual core came and it stoped after the first quad core arrived. So please explain to me why I would go for a 9920-X instead of an AMD for half the price. This question is rather a question to Intel than the community and a hint about that their prices is absurd and have been for very many years.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, you do have a choice.

Doc (not an intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
PCarl4
Beginner

Of course I have a choice, but I do not see the logic nor the reason behind the decision of the prices from Intel.

Could it be that they have made a bad design from the start which causes extreme production costs?

Is that the reason why Intels cpus costs so much? Before I could defend a buy with that they at least had better performance and was more secured for the future in regards to games except for all the exploits with HT technology.

Now you really cant. Epyc from AMD wins on the server side and Ryzen on their Desktop side. Well maybe Intel needs this wakeup call. Maybe they have together with their investors gotten to comfortable in that chair?

I would like to get an understanding of the mind of Intel. Because AMD just proved that they can do better for half the price, even less.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PCarl4,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

Intel® Core™ X-series processors are designed for intense lightly threaded and heavily threaded workloads. They are built for handling your most demanding tools and apps while creating content or building high-end PCs and meet a range of consumers needs. You can check Intel® Processors features and enhancements in our Product Specifications site.

In our Product Specifications site, you can also review the recommended customer price for Intel® Processors. It is worth mentioning that Intel does not sell directly to consumers. For pricing and availability information, we recommend contacting our Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers.

We would like to add that we have documented your feedback about pricing. It is highly appreciated. 

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PCarl4,

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PCarl4,

If you need further assistance, please contact us back.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos