Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Thermal / Mechanical Specification and Design Guide for LGA1151 with i7-8700T

BHeal2
Beginner

Hi,

First time posting here and not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'm having trouble finding the Intel resources I need and any help that can be given is very much appreciated.  I'm looking for a document similar to the "Intel Core I7 Processor Family for the LGA2011-3 Socket" Thermal / Mechanical Specification and Design Guide (TMSDG) but for the LGA1151 socket with a Core i7-8700T CPU.  Is something like this available?  We're specifically looking for specs like heatsink package loading specs.  I was able to find it for other CPU/socket combos but not the i7-8700 with LGA1151.

Brian Healey EE

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try this:

8th and 9th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Families Datasheet  Volume 1 , Volume 2Spec Update

Leon

0 Kudos
BHeal2
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Thank you so much for your reply.  It's much appreciated.  Yes, I found those docs on the Intel site.  They don't give the info I'm looking for.  Volume 1 starts to talk about mechanical specs on pg 134 but then it only lists "maximum static load" for the "U-processor" and "H-processor" lines.  What we are using is a i7-8700T in a LGA1151 socket.  This is a "S-processor line" judging by the table on page 134 (1151 LGA pins).  That's the one I need the maximum static load spec for.  Your help is much appreciated.

Brian

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello BHeal2,

Thank you for posting in the Intel* Community forums.

As per the information you are requesting we recommend you to check on our website Intel® Resource & Design Center, which provides technical Resources for Customers, Designers, Engineers, and Developers. Also, you are going to have access to personalized content, leverage Intel's design, and training tools, and find solutions for your industry.

Please keep in mind that you have to do the registration process to create the account on the Intel* Resource & Design Center.

1. Basic Registration Form

2. Click “Submit” to complete the registration

Note: Clicking 'Submit' confirms your acceptance of the Intel Terms of Use and understanding of the Intel Privacy Policy.

3. On the automated email notification received from wsm-postmaster@intel.com, click on the link to verify the registration request. You will be granted immediate access to the RDC site.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos