Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Thermal paste, pads and heatsinks.

Muhammad_Ahsan_Tariq

I am going to order sager laptop core i7 10875H and rtx 2070 super with 32 gb ram.
For which options should I go for in thermal paste, pads or heat sinks for highest performance in least price?

Should I use a combination of things?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Muhammad_Ahsan_Tariq

P.S: I can choose 1 from THERMAL COMPOUND SECTION and multiple from ADDITIONAL COOLING & OVERCLOCKING SECTION.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Wow, talk about nickel and diming a deal to death. You want all of these things - and you should be getting  a laptop with all of these things for a price on par with other manufacturers.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Muhammad_Ahsan_Tariq, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that in regards to thermal compound and thermal paste, they both perform the same task which is filling any gaps between the die/IHS and the thermal solution. We cannot say which one is better since they are third party materials; you should check with the manufacturer (OEM) of the system for further help on this. 

Also, we do not provide recommendations and support for overclocking, you may also want to ask the OEM for more recommendations on this.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Muhammad_Ahsan_Tariq,  

Were you able to check the previous post with our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Muhammad_Ahsan_Tariq,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you have any additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos