Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Tiger Lake-H PCH Layout

jstonecypher
Beginner

I am trying to find a fan-out example for this device.  This device comes in a 943-pin BGA with a very unique pin arrangement.  This pin arrangement is obviously meant to have a specific fan-out strategy but I  cannot find any documentation on how it should be done.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @jstonecypher,

Greetings, just to clarify further the problem mention are non-related to FPGA but more towards TigerLake processor yes?

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

BB

0 Kudos
jstonecypher
Beginner

I don't understand your question.  It's not a general question about FPGA's if that's what you mean.  It is specifically about the package for the PCH chip.  I can't find much documentation on it.  There is clearly a reason that the pins are positioned the way that they are but I'm unable to find anything that explains it.  Attached is a screenshot of the footprint.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

The question was asked because you posted in the FPGA / Programmable Devices Forum.

This sub group is meant for questions related to Intel FPGA programmable devices.

You are asking a question about a non-FPGA device in a forum intended for FPGA related questions.

You would be better served by finding a more relevant forum group for Intel processors, for example.

0 Kudos
jstonecypher
Beginner

This is where Intel Support directed me after multiple emails.  If anyone knows where else I should direct this question that would be nice.  I honestly couldn't identify an appropriate category in the support section of the website  so I tried the "Developer Zone" which ultimately brought me here.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

A bit of googling shows other Intel CPU family PCH questions under:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/bd-p/processors

So you might try there, as this is not the right forum.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @jstonecypher,

Noted with thanks ok the explanation as as mention this is a non-FPGA question, allow me to move this to the correct sub forum in order for you to get a quicker and more accurate response.
Thanks for the understanding.

Regards
BB

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello jstonecypher,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

As per the information you are requesting we recommend you to check on our website Intel Resource & Documentation Center, they provide technical Resources for Customers, Designers, Engineers, and Developers. Also, you are going to have access to personalized content, leverage Intel's design, and training tools, and find solutions for your industry.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/documentation-resources/developer.html#panel-top-resources|most-popular

Please keep in mind that you have to do the registration process to create the account on the Intel* Resource & Documentation Center.

1. Basic Registration Form

2. Click “Submit” to complete the registration

Note: Clicking 'Submit' confirms your acceptance of the Intel Terms of Use and understanding of the Intel Privacy Policy.

3. On the automated email notification received from wsm-postmaster@intel.com, click on the link to verify the registration request. You will be granted immediate access to the RDC site.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos