Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Time to upgrade.

JMalo3
Beginner

Hi My name is Jay!

I'm upgrading my labtop to run more complex programs and games. Sadly my currently processor doesn't cut the cake, I've never done this before so I honestly don't know where to start.

I figured some techies here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I currently own an Asus that I'm very very happy with, but it's a bit older now. Closing on 3 years and the processor has been outdated. I have an i-5 4200 CPU @1.6hz/2.3hz with 8gm of ram I want to hit 3.2/3.6 hz But I don't know if any labtop could handle that. The guy at best buy said My labtop would overheat without a cooling rig. I don't mind throwing that in If I can. But there is a lot I don't know.

I know what I want to do, but don't know how to get there.

Basically I want to upgraded my labtop to be twice as strong at least. The main reason behind this is Fall out 4 recommended specs. People say that's WAY above whats needed, but I want to see if I can get that done.

People have told me with most labtops graphics cards are tied into the mother board and can't be upgraded like a pc's simple swap and play. Soooooo I if anyone could fill me in with some more facts I'd be happy.

0 Kudos
0 Replies