Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Tray i3-12300 ITX Build

alex1040
Beginner

I’m trying to order an OEM tray i3-12300 CM8071504650906 for an ITX desktop build.  A reseller has an “I3-12300 Desktop Proc 4 4p+0e Chip - Cores Up To 4.4 Ghz Turbo Tray” CM8071504650906S in stock as of next week. I can’t find the specs for the “S” version. Can someone explain the differences between the two? I will be using the system for business use only, no gaming or overclocking.

Thank You

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree that it cannot be seen on ARK. I even tried looking using search string "i3-12300s".

Just as a side note, you do realize that you do not have any warranty from Intel when purchasing a gray market OEM tray processor, right? When you purchase a PC, it is the OEM that is providing you with a warranty for the included processor, not Intel (though Intel does separately provide a warranty to (only) the OEM).

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @alex1040

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
alex1040
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the involvement; waiting for your response.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello alex1040

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After reviewing this further, we would like to inform you that "CM8071504650906S" is not a different Product Code however it corresponds to the same product Intel® Core™ i3-12300 Processor, therefore if you use it, you will receive the same product with the same specifications.

We hope this clarifies your concerns.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello alex1040

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos