Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Trouble with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

iD10T
Beginner

I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 9 5950X to an Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero and an Intel i9 13900k CPU as well as Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 RAM 64GB @ 5200.

I was recently told about IETU.  I've installed it but it will not launch.  It says to make sure BIOS is up to date as well as Windows updates.  It says to make sure undervoltage protection is enabled in BIOS.  I can't seem to find anything that says "enable undervoltage control" but I was told by Asus that it is enabled by default.  I haven't touched any settings in BIOS except XMP.  I have a very stable system and it is running on a custom loop.

I have been Overclocking GPU's for a while on both platforms and I have no issues doing that.

I am interested in Overclocking my CPU just to see what I can get it to to and stay stable, but I cannot get this program to load.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a noob when it comes to anything CPU Overclocking related.  So I apologize if this is a repeated question or an iD10T question.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iD10T,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU).

I would like to let you know that Intel doe snot advises/support overclocking and we cannot with steps or troubleshooting related to overclocking. However, in order to assist you with the tool, please provide the following: 

1. Do you have any other overclocking tools installed?

2. Do you get any error from the tool when try to open it?

3. Do you have the antivirus enabled?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iD10T, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iD10T, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
iD10T
Beginner

I couldn't find anything in any other posts..  I'm going to keep looking.

0 Kudos