Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Troubles with Core i7-7700T

PMoro1
Beginner

Hello. I have Mini PC with Core i7-7700T onboard.

And I get troubles with it.

1. Motherboard BIOS always shows CPU temperature 60C.

2. In Intel Extreme Tuning Utility all temeperature sensors shom me ~55C on any CPU load 0% or 100%

3. I see that more than 50% time CPU is throttling on 0-5% CPU load.

Looks like TjMax is set on 55 degrees or something wrong with thermal sensors. And I can't do anything to stop throttling.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello CooleRRSA,

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Let's gather more information regarding your system in order to address this matter in the most accurate way.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
PMoro1
Beginner

1. It's not Intel NUC Mini PC, it's Mini PC from Aliexpress. It have Soyo SY-Thin Mini H110-Aio motherboard with H110 chipset.

2. It have latest BIOS version. v1.3

3. It's starts from first power on.

Is it CPU problem or this issues can be by bad motherboard?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank for that information.

Was the issue present before? When did you notice the issue?

We will have check deeper in order to see if this is motherboard or processor related.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
PMoro1
Beginner

I have installed Windows 10 on this Mini PC and run several services I'm using.

After this I feels another programs works very slow. I have started checking CPU parameters by CPU-Z and HWINFO, and I see that CPU is drop down his multiplier if CPU load become more than 2-3%. If CPU load is increased to 10% CPU drop down multiplier to absolute minimum. I have installed Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and see that CPU is get Thermal Throttling without any load at 55C degrees, and temperature of each cores always about 50-55C even if Mini PC was cold before power on.

I can say that issue appears from the first start this Mini PC.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would like to recommend to update the Chipset driver and ME drive from http://www.soyocn.net/2017/0303/2438.html http://www.soyocn.net/2017/0303/2438.html. Make sure your BIOS is set to default.

Is there any chance to test the processor on a different motherboard?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
PMoro1
Beginner

I have installed drivers from motherboard manufacturer website and reflash BIOS with complete resetting. No luck.

But I have found one interesting thing. This bad guys from Aliexpress sold me MIni PC with engineer sample CPU.

This can be the cause of this problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It could be possible; is there any chance yo get in contact with them and try to get a replacement?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
PMoro1
Beginner

I have opened dispute on aliexpress.

I do not know how this will end:(

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please let me know how it goes, hopefully they can resolve this matter as soon as possible. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116791 CooleRRSA, hope that the place of purchase was able to help with the processor.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
PMoro1
Beginner

I have fixed problem.

It was motherboard issue. EFI have "Tcc activation offset" at 25C.

I have modified it to 0C and now I have 80C Thermal Throttling threshhold.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116791 CooleRRSA, that is really good to hear! I am surprised that this feature was not changed when you loaded the default in the BIOS configuration, I glad to hear the issue is fixed.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
PMoro1
Beginner

EFI has both "Optimized defaults" and "Safe defaults" setting at 25C. And this values was hidden in EFI settings because EFI have selfmade GUI with a small amount of settings. I have modified EFI firmware for changing 25C to 0C and reflashed it with NVRAM to motherboard. Thats all. Issue is gone)))

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Good to know CooleRRSA.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
ГДере
Beginner

Excuse me, I have the same problem with the same computer with the aliexpress, processor 7700Т. Climbed the entire BIOS, but did not find anything suitable. Please tell me more about how to see hidden settings of BIOS or what were You doing on the items. Thank you.My mail mailto:9935680@gmail.com 9935680@gmail.com.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

1regent,

For us to further assist you and to help you with the specific problem, please create a new thread, make sure to add all the details in regard to your system. This way the next agent will have a better look at your specific scenario, you can add this thread as a reference but I recommend creating a new thread in order to isolate your case.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos